OUR SERVICE AREA
Our main service area covers:
- The Fraser Valley - Surrey, Langley, Maple Ridge, Mission, Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Agassiz, Hope and the Fraser Canyon
- Sea-to-Sky Corridor - Squamish, Whistler and Pemberton
If the property in question is a vacant lot, you’ll need to find out whether or not a sewer system is already available. If the lot is in an urban location, odds are that a public system will be accessible to you. Public sewer systems have the benefits of not needing personal maintenance, however they do often charge a monthly fee to the city. Different areas often charge separately for water and sewage, while other cities combine the two costs.
On the other hand, a property that is in a rural location will generally not have the option of a public system. Here is where a septic system steps in. Septic systems require basic maintenance, but in the long-run have fewer ongoing costs. Not to mention that there is no monthly-fee attached. A septic system uses bacteria to break down the solid waste that is located in the holding tank, and then releases the fluids into the drain field.
If your inspection reveals that there is already an existing, albeit outdated, septic tank on the location, there are further options for you to look into. Luckily, one of Septic Expert’s specialties are updating existing systems. With considerable experience in finding solutions to repairing and ensuring that older systems keep up with the needs of newer homes, Septic Expert can save you money by avoiding purchasing and installing an entirely new system! Read more about REPAIRS AND SERVICES of existing systems here.
Maintenance is key when you have a septic system to take care of! Even though maintenance can be overlooked most of the time, it is the number one way to help prevent repairs. A well maintained septic system is a happy system and one that won’t require large repairs with hefty costs attached.
- Perform a visual and odour examination for all the components of your system, not just one. We need to make sure that everything is working properly, not just one thing!
- Removal and cleaning of effluent filter. This filter prevents solids from plugging up the drain field but they do need to be cleaned frequently to prevent backups happening in the home.
- Cleaning or replacing air filters. Filters in the air compressors should be replaced at least once a year.
- A test run should be performed on sewage pumps and floats as well as performing a load test on all pumps. This gives you the life expectancy of the pump and allows you to budget for a replacement when it’s needed. This way you can avoid expensive surprises!
- Determine if tanks/components need pumping, this is your real money saver. If pumping is done too late it can risk damage to your drain field - which can be an extremely expensive mistake.
- A visual inspection of your septic field is also crucial to check for ponding and any other trouble indicators.
- Checking your alarm and panel function is also an important part of the maintenance process, this is where we find out if there has been any trouble since our last visit.
When it comes to septic installation you want to make sure that you find a good installer. One that has expert knowledge, can perform service and maintenance and can install even the most difficult of systems. This is where Septic expert excels, we pride ourselves at being the best in the Lower Mainland at what we do and we enjoy taking on those challenging installs.
- Visual and odour examination. This is performed on all components of your system, you need to know that everything is working correctly. Not just one area.
- Removal and cleaning of effluent filter. There need to be cleaned regularly to prevent backups in your home.
- Cleaning and replacing of air filters in lift station or compressors. Air compressor filters need to be replaced at least once a year.
- Test sewage pumps, floats and perform a load test. This helps you to know the expectancy of your pump and allows you to budget for a replacement.
- Determine whether tanks or other components need pumping. This is where you can save a lot of money as if you leave pumping too late you can risk damage to your drain field. Which can be an extremely expensive mistake.
- Visual inspection of drain field or pressure bed.
- Check alarm and panel function, this allows us to see if there has been any trouble since our last week. It is surprising how many alarm controls have been switched to “silent” when we arrive.
When it comes to purchasing a recreational property you probably aren’t thinking about the septic system, however it’s something that you should definitely keep in mind. Whether you’re building brand new or considering buying an older property it’s important to think about either installing the septic system or maintaining it.
With recreational properties most are either lakefront or in remote locations, this can make it very difficult to successfully install a septic system. However this is what we at Septic Expert do best! We enjoy the extra challenge of design and installing a difficult septic system. We aren’t your average septic installer, check out a previous blog post to read more about our one of a kind builds.
With difficult builds it is important to understand that sometimes the pricing may be a little higher than regular septic systems. This is where it becomes important to remember to budget for your septic system install or maintenance. When purchasing a new property remember to set some money aside for your septic system, you don’t want to be caught with a bill you haven’t budgeted for. If you’d like more information on budgeting for a septic system, check out another one of our blog posts here.
Recreational properties can cause problems for septic systems but this is where the experts, Septic Expert comes in. The difference in quality can be huge and you do not want to waste your money on an install that might not work correctly. An expert can make a huge difference and an expert with great equipment is even better. Septic Expert only uses Fuji Clean products which are some of the best in the septic industry.
When it comes to design, installation and maintenance of your recreational property, look no further than Septic Expert.