With your septic system it’s important to keep a good maintenance schedule. This can prevent your septic system from becoming sluggish and not functioning properly. Remember good maintenance can prevent you from having to deal with large costly repairs down the road.
Here are a couple of maintenance tasks that we perform and why they are important for your system!
- Visual and odour examination. This is performed on all components of your system, you need to know that everything is working correctly. Not just one area.
- Removal and cleaning of effluent filter. There need to be cleaned regularly to prevent backups in your home.
- Cleaning and replacing of air filters in lift station or compressors. Air compressor filters need to be replaced at least once a year.
- Test sewage pumps, floats and perform a load test. This helps you to know the expectancy of your pump and allows you to budget for a replacement.
- Determine whether tanks or other components need pumping. This is where you can save a lot of money as if you leave pumping too late you can risk damage to your drain field. Which can be an extremely expensive mistake.
- Visual inspection of drain field or pressure bed.
- Check alarm and panel function, this allows us to see if there has been any trouble since our last week. It is surprising how many alarm controls have been switched to “silent” when we arrive.
All of these maintenance tasks are things we do daily, so get in touch with us and let us help you to keep your system in top shape!Tags: Bowen Island Septic, Chilliwack Septic, Fraser Valley, Fraser Valley Septic, North Vancouver Septic, Okanagan Septic, Septic Bowen Island, Septic Chilliwack, Septic Expert, Septic Field, Septic Inspection, Septic Installation, Septic Maintenance, Septic Vancouver, Waste Water Management, Waste Water System